Saturday, August 27, 2011

and no matter where you go, there you are.


I’m officially living in Utah. Mom and I made it through the thirty hour drive and arrived at my apartment around one yesterday. To say that we were tired would be such an understatement. She was car sick, I was home sick, and we were both starving. I’m pretty sure we were not the happiest girls to be around. We unpacked my things, took a few trips to wal-mart, got lost on the interstate, and finally made it back to the hotel. She left this morning. I knew I would be a little sad, but I had been so okay this whole week. I guess it never actually occurred to me that she would leave me; which is pretty dumb since I was the one who helped her purchase her plane ticket. This morning, bright and early, we made our way to the airport. As soon as she started to hug me goodbye I broke down. And it didn’t stop until I made it back to the apartment… An hour or so later. I love that lady more than I can comprehend. My heart literally hurt when I saw her walk away from me. And it hasn’t stopped yet…

The rest of the morning was spent hunting for a job; any job really.
  After what seemed like a trillion were not hiring, but we are accepting applications, I decided it was time for a lunch break. Not to mentioned a much needed trip to our own personal little pharmacy. New shoes + walking around for hours = pain like something fierce. Oh, I forgot to mention.. I almost killed my car today. That tends to happen when you drive down a huge, although unnoticeable, ledge…


This, ladies and gents, is the view from my room. Nice, eh? 

Happy Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment