Saturday, April 9, 2011

if you're not first. you're last.

I got a call yesterday from Kristen, a girl I work with. She says that some old guy came looking for me; asking her when I was supposed to be working and stuff. So. She was a little freaked out (Coach sometimes freaks people out. It's not his fault though. He's a nice guy.) Anyways. I called him moments after I got off the phone with Kristen. He only wanted to stop by and say hey and stuff. Then he goes on to tell me I need to be running three miles in under twenty-two minutes. Which is what I should be running at anyways. Only I'm not that great of a runner. My PR has only been twenty-five minutes for the 5k. He goes on to say that he wants me running at this time so that he will be able to give me a scholarship.... 

So here I am running at eight this morning. I probably look as if I'm about to fall over and die. And then it hits me... In just a few months. I will be running against real runners. Runners who have been training for much longer than me. Then I start to freak out a little because I don't think I have it in me to be that good. I know. That's not the way to think. I mean. I want to be that good. And I'm going to try to make it happen. I'm just a little afraid. That's all. 

I do like that fact that I'm running again though. I've missed it so much. 

p.s. I bought new running shoes yesterday. Take a look! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment