Friday, August 12, 2011

just a girl .. makin' her move.

Yes, guys. I’m finally doing it. I’m packing up and moving out to Utah. All this change going on is sort of making me panic a little. My mommy will no longer be simply down the hallway whenever I need her. My Arielle will be more than a phone call away. My Meeko can’t keep my feet warm at night anymore. It breaks my heart.
I know I want to leave. I know I have to leave. That doesn’t stop me from being afraid. I have very little belongings, very little savings, and a whole lot of faith. I hope that’s enough. I think I’ll be a little more okay with everything if I know for a fact that I will have a job lined up for me as soon as I arrive. So let’s keep our fingers crossed that all goes well with my interview this Monday. Capeesh?
It’s going to be so strange. Not living in Georgia anymore. I’m going to miss how absolutely stunning Georgia is in the fall. I thought about that today and I almost thought of staying .. Almost. Did you know that Utah doesn’t have a Zaxby’s either? Because they DON’T. I know. I’m still in shock. But boy does Utah have some of the most beautiful mountains. Every morning when I walked into the kitchen (of the home of the lovely Pendleton family) I seriously could not take my eyes from their backyard. Because there was literally a mountain right. there.
Arielle. I know you’ll be one of the few people who will read this. So. Just know how very grateful I am for you. You’ve been my sweet sister, my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my makemelaughsohardlalmostpeemyself go to girl, my cover stealer, my person. I’ll never find another like you. You can never be replaced. Let’s not forget that, okay? I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.
There’s a lot that I’ll miss from back home. But there’s a part of me that I need to find. I’m not saying Utah is the answer, but it’s a start in the right direction. I’m sure of it.

1 comment:

  1. we are pretty much twins. i totally understand 100% completely whats going on through your head. love you. will miss you, hopefully for just a little bit! ;) good luck Brittney!

    ReplyDelete